International Relocation & Moving from Rhode Island or Massachusetts
Conlon Moving and Storage serving RI and MA with High Quality Moving services!
Conlon Moving & Storage understands what a huge undertaking it can be when you decide to move your family to a different country from Rhode Island or Massachusetts. Our Company is considered to be one of the best International Moving Companies in the New England Area. Our Rhode Island and Massachusetts Moving Consultants are experienced in all aspects of International Moves from RI and MA including pricing, forwarding logistics, documentation requirements and transit protection. This experience will ensure the highest quality international relocation at a competitive price. Our RI and MA Moving Consultants will identify the best options to meet your international relocation needs from Rhode Island or Massachusetts and create a custom pricing proposal.
Conlon Moving & Storage is a member of UniGroup Worldwide UTS, a network of over 300 moving specialist in 200 countries around the world. UniGroup Worldwide UTS is a full service global mobility and forward company with over 70 years of international and overseas transportation.
We provide a broad range of scalable solutions for individuals moving their family internationally from Rhode Island or Massachusetts in pursuit of an exciting career in a foreign country or mass moves of talent and equipment for corporations seizing global opportunities.
So go with an experienced and professional international mover in RI or MA, contact our office at 1-800-831-7356 or Request a Quote for your free estimate of your upcoming international move
International Move Management
Your International Move Consultant is trained in all aspects of international moving and relocation including international moving and reloaction including international pricing, forwarding logistics, overseas transit protection policies, customer services, documentation requirements and distribution as well as accounting processes. With an average of 20 years experience in the international relocation industry, our management ensures our International Move Consultants know the "ins and outs" to coordinate your international relocation successfully. While your personal household effects are in transit, your International Move Consultant will peform the following:
- Contact you within 24 hours of new move notification to exchange origin and destination contact information
- Offer a country information packet to help acquaint you with your destination country
- Review customs regulations and documents required for customs clearance
- Explain insurance policy information and related products (if applicable)
- Confirm details and pack/load dates with you and our agent in your local area
- Reconfirm scheduled pack/load date with you and our agent in your local area the day before services are to be performed
- Contact you on pack/load date to ensure everything is going well and answer any questions
- Make all necessary arrangements with the underlying carriers (transport to port of exit, port of exit handling, international transportation, port of entry handling, customs clearance, transport to destination agent, delivery)
- Monitor the transport of your personal household effects from origin to destination with UniGroup Worldwide UTS's international tracing system. This system has an automated date tracking workflow that prompts the International Move Consultant to confirm services with each underlying carrier at appropriate times to ensure your shipment is transported without delay. This system communicates with the internet tracking system so you can monitor the progress of your shipment 24 hours a day on our web site www.unigroupworldwide.com
- Contact you at destination to schedule delivery date
- Encourage you to complete our on-line customer satisfaction survey so we can ensure continuous quality improvement. When completed, you will receive a free international calling card
- Provide assistance with claims processing if necessary
-back to top-
A secured section of the UniGroup Worldwide UTS web site allows customers, and multinational clients, access to advanced e-Business. This service includes shipment tracking and an information database over on over 170 countris with specific customs regulations.
To access the database, you need simply need to enter the order number provided. Corporate clients enter a PIN number, obtained from your UniGroup Worldwide UTS representative, for instant on-line information 24 hours a day.
Means of Transport
UniGroup Worldwide UTS will select the most appropriate container for your move, based on your specific needs, as well as the weight and volume of your personal effects.
- Lift-Vans are used for safely transporting your goods overseas
- They are constructed of plywood with a 2-inch by 4-inch wooden frame. Skids are attached to the bottom of the container so it can be handled by a fork-lift.
- Lift-vans are lined with water-resistant paper and may be caulked, as necessary, to keep your goods dry. After caulking, steel straps are placed around the outside to secure the lift-van
- Standard sizes are 185 to 210 cubic feet. Other sizes can be built to hold bulky items
- Generally used if total shipment weighs less than 4,000 pounds.
- Can be used for storage as well as transportation, which prevents additional handling
- Can easily be inspected for customs clearance
- Preferred when the destination country lacks the capacity to handle steamship containers
- Constructed of steel and resemble motor freight trailers
- Twenty-foot containers hold approximately 1,100 cubic feet while 40-foot units hold about 2,300 cubic feet
- Can hold more than a single lift-van and are used for large or bulky shipments. To effectively use a steamship container, a minimum of 700 cubic feet (approximately 4,000 pounds) is suggested
- May not be available for shipping to some foreign countries
- Provided by ocean carriers and may not be utilized for storage purposes
- Due to their construction, allow for best protection of a shipment compared to other containers
- Can result in lower transportation charges for your international move if the minimum requirement for weight and volume are met
Air Freight Containers
These type of containers are necessary for transporting shipments by air.
- Air Frieght containers are necessary for moves that require transporting shipments by air.
- Constructed of triple-layered corrugated cardboard, they range in size from 18 to 96 cubic feet. Larger containers are fitted with skids for ease in moving with a forklift
- Restricted to certain dimensional specifications in order to pass through aircraft cargo doors
-back to top-